Peppermint 👏 mocha 👏 donuts. Could we BE any more festive??
There’s no better way to start the day than with a fresh donut and hot coffee. Although donuts have always been a morning staple, they’re currently having a moment in the food scene and we’re here for it. They’re perfect for every season and occasion, but are often overlooked as a potential make-at-home treat. Brownies, cookies, and cakes may be the usual go-to’s, but we created a recipe that will absolutely change the game. These doughy delicacies are surprisingly easy to make and irresistibly delicious. So ditch those standard deep-fried donuts and upgrade to fresh, oven-baked Peppermint Mocha Donuts!
Since they’re baked in the oven, you won’t have to worry about any of the added fats that come from frying. Thanks to the decadent candy cane glaze, you won’t even notice that small tweak we’ve made to one of America’s greatest inventions. Plus, all you need is a donut pan and a few household ingredients to get started.
While your donuts are baking in the oven, get working on the glaze. Adjust the amount of cream used in order to achieve your preferred consistency. For a thicker coating, use the recipe’s recommended amount (or slightly less) of cream. If a softer glaze is more your thing, gradually add more cream until content! From there, our recipe is totally customizable. We recommend crushing candy canes and adding them to the glaze because let’s be real…you can never have too much peppermint (especially when it’s holiday season), but feel free to add any toppings that speak to you!
It only felt right to merge our two favorite morning treats (coffee and donuts) into one delicious masterpiece. The cool contrast of the peppermint glaze paired with hot and fresh-out-of-the-oven donuts is a combination you and guests (if you feel like sharing, that is) will applaud. Be sure to save this recipe because we suspect Peppermint Mocha Donuts will be your new go-to!
1 pint Enlightened White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha (each pint yields 2 cups)
2 cups self-rising flour (for every 2 cups of ice cream)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon peppermint candies (crush for garnish)
Optional: food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt your pint of ice cream and transfer the contents to a large bowl. Add self-rising flour, crushed peppermint candies, cream, powdered sugar, and mix together until smooth.
3. Distribute batter evenly into your donut pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
5. Remove and let cool before applying your glaze and toppings.
1. In a small bowl combine the powdered sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Add food coloring of your choice for a fun glaze!
2. Dip donuts into the glaze and set on a cooling rack.
3. Sprinkle crushed peppermint candy onto the glaze before fully cooling. Once it’s set, serve and enjoy!
Watch the complete how-to video below!
We had a (donut) hole lot of fun making this recipe. Comment your donut puns below!
See where the Barista Collection is available near you!