A long day at the beach, a BBQ, time with friends, or just some good food–no matter how you spend your 4th of July, you’ll need a delicious dessert to round it out! As soon as June comes to a close, it seems like every recipe is suddenly red, white, and blue. Well, we’re here to tell you that…we love the trend and put our own spin on a patriotic ice cream dessert!
These ice cream stars are like the sugar cookie of ice cream–uses a cookie cutter, easy to make, and loved by all. If you want a sweet activity to break up the beach/volleyball/cooking time, this is a great recipe to customize with a decorating bar.
For this recipe we used Birthday Cake ice cream because we’re celebrating America’s birthday! (Cheesy, yes. Necessary, yes.) Decorated with fresh and seasonal berries, these ice cream stars would be too cute to eat if they weren’t so delicious.
1 pint Enlightened ice cream (we chose Birthday Cake)
1 package of strawberries
1 package of blueberries
1/4 cup crushed graham crackers
serrated knife (to cut pint)
star-shaped cookie cutter (optional)
1. Start by cutting pint of Enlightened ice cream into 1-2 inch thick circles using serrated knife.
2. Using a star cookie cutter or by hand with sharp knife, cut out star shapes from ice cream slice.
3. Cut fruit to garnish on top ice cream stars.
4. Place blueberry in center of ice cream star and align strawberry slice on its side on each wing of the star.
5. Sprinkle with crushed graham cracker and enjoy right away or freeze again for 1-2 hours.
Want more healthy holiday recipes?
Comments are closed